Friday, August 3, 2007

The Girls are Here!

I am happy to report that Molly and Gabby arrived last night--on time, and with all their luggage! What a surprise, after all of the horror stories I've heard (and Michael has experienced) in recent days about airline travel! We were thrilled to see them--it has been February in Wyoming since we have been together. Much too long. And the temperature is over 100 degrees warmer today than it was on that Groundhog Day. Seriously! The morning that Brayden was born it was 20 below zero. Today it is 85. You all know I love Wyoming and the West, but I must say, I prefer the 85 degrees, even with the humidity!

As I write this, it is 10:30 on Friday morning, and I have the car packed with the beach chairs, towels and coolers. Unfortunately, you can see from the photo that Miss Gabrielle appears to be on Seattle time. She and Bunny are still snoozing soundly. I did manage to awaken her mother, though, and surely Ms Gabby will arise soon. We are going to spend some time at the beach today, although the afternoon showers that seem to appear all too regularly this time of year promise to grace us with their presence a bit earlier than usual.

Michael is working today, of course, but we will get him to the beach one day soon, too. David arrives next Wednesday. We are so excited to have at least some of our family with us. We are anxious to show them the beauty and the rich history of this wonderful new state that we now call home. I'll try to keep you all posted with pictures throughout the next couple of weeks!

No comments: