Saturday, July 21, 2007

Michael and The Boys in Ireland!

In the initial entry to my first attempt at "blogging", I am happy to report that Michael and "The Boys" are safely in Ireland. (Although, I'm not too sure how safe Ireland is with "The Boys"!) They are in the Vaughn Lodge which overlooks the Irish Sea and Lahinch golf course, and report that the countryside and the views are breathtaking. That is the good news.

The bad news is that not a single piece of their luggage--including all eight sets of golf clubs--is in Ireland with them! After a two-hour delay getting out of Myrtle Beach yesterday, they barely made their flight in Atlanta, and none of the luggage made it. Delta doesn't seem to have any idea when it might show up on the Emerald Isle. (Gee, I wonder why they are in bankruptcy?) When Michael emailed me early this morning, their coach driver Maurice was out making arrangements for rental clubs for their 3:30 tee time this afternoon at Lahinch. As I write this, it is 10:30 here on the East Coast, and if my calculations are correct, they should be on the first tee right now. I haven't had an email for a couple of hours, so I suspect that is true. (Isn't it nice to know that the www really is the "world wide web"?!) They are five hours ahead of us here in South Carolina, and you all can adjust that accordingly with your time zones! I'm sure they will still have a wonderful time, and of course a few pints of Guinness can make a lot of things better!

I will keep you posted on their activities. (Well, at least the ones they tell me about!) I was hoping to get some pictures from their adventure, but I'm not sure Michael remembered to take the cardreader to upload them from the camera to his laptop. We may have to wait until their return to see pictures. He seemed to be more concerned about getting everyone on the plane with all the proper credentials than he was about what I felt was really important! Imagine that.

We'll see how this "blogging" goes--I think it might be a wonderful way to keep in touch with all of you without loading up your email accounts. With the kids coming in a couple of weeks, I will have lots of pictures to show you. I'm not really sure what I'm doing, however, and my two computer gurus, Chad and Michael, are many miles away! So bear with me!

Be sure to bookmark the website into your Favorites! I will report more later! Today they play Lahinch, tomorrow Doonbeg, I believe. Then it is off to Ballybunion in Killarney. (Hopefully with their own golf clubs, but I'll bet they play anyway, no matter what kind of clubs they have to use!)

Love to all,
Janet

1 comment:

Caryl said...

Dear Janet,

Great page...what a great trip this will be for Michael. I have often tried to convince your very stubborn brother that this is the trip that we must take one day to complete the golfing paradise chapter! I know that we have been to Scotland and England (and, I would secretly throw in Wales..not for golf, but for such wonderful history), but Ireland would be the last wonderful golf mecca for Larry!
We just got back from the most beautiful wedding at The Lodge at Torrey Pines this weekend.. Dick and Jeri's daughter Stephanie was married to Kevin, who is from Scotland, so the wedding was very unique with all the kilts, plaids, and golf accessories..we had a great time..will send pictures.

Love,
Caryl