Sunday, July 22, 2007

Day 2: Luggage and Clubs!

Michael reported earlier today that they drove back to Shannon this morning and retrieved their luggage. They now have all suitcases and clubs. Wonderful! I'm so glad they have clean undies. They, of course, were more concerned about their golf clubs than their undies, I'm sure!

Despite the trouble with their gear, they had a marvelous day yesterday. Following is the email he sent me late last night about their round at Lahinch:

"It was an absolutely spectacular day today. Our caddie said it was the first day that he had caddied in a tee shirt since June 10th. I bought a rain shirt at the Golf Shop at Lahinch today, but never put it on. Sun was out most of the day. Also had to buy golf balls, glove, hat and rental clubs. We are going to try to get Delta to pay for all of this. Indications are that they will.

Jerry Blount and I won the daily event today.........we beat Lopez and Rickey Baker by two Quota points. I shot 77 with two double bogeys. You hit it in the rough and it is a double bogey!

The golf course was unbelievable. I started crying walking down the second fairway towards the Irish Sea. I just couldn't believe that I was here. I tried to make a toast tonight at dinner, but couldn't get through that either."

This morning he reported that they had their luggage and were heading to Doonbeg to play. Tonight they will be back at the Lodge at Lahinch, and then tomorrow they leave there and head to Ballybunion. They are staying at only two hotels while they are in Ireland. It is so nice to not have to keep moving every day!

I am hoping for some more pictures this evening or tomorrow. He sent these of Lahinch in this morning's email. I will continue to post them on the blog as they come in.

Until the next update,
Janet

No comments: